: I am using Solr with DIH and started getting errors when the database
: time/date fields are getting imported in to Solr. I have used the date as

what actual error are you getting?

If you are pulling dates from a SQL Date field, that the jdbc driver
returns as java.util.Date objects, then you shouldn't need to do anything
special, they should import just fine with solr's TrieDateField.

if you are importing from something where you really need to convert
yourself (ie: XML files, or string columns in a DB), there is the DIH
DateFormatTransformer...

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#DateFormatTransformer

: Also, When i used field_type as 'text_ar' and indexed a line with arabic
: text, Solr is displaying some non-ISO characters. It looks like the text is
: not being unicoded.

"unicode" is not a verb, so i'm not sure what you mean by "displaying some
non-ISO characters" and "text is not being unicoded" .. please provide a
specific example of hte problem you are facing, including details on what
the source data is.

-Hoss