Securing Solr pretty much universally requires that you only allow trusted
clients to access the machines directly, usually secured with a firewall
and allowed IP addresses, the admin handler is the least of your worries.

Consider if you let me ping solr directly, I can do something really
annoying like:

Best
Erick