Hi Kevin,

Try taking a heap dump snapshot and analyzing it with something like
YourKit to see what's eating the memory.
SPM for Solr (see signature) will show you JVM heap and GC
numbers/graphs/activity that may shed some light on the issue.
You could also turn on verbose GC logging and/or use jstat to
understang GC activity some more.

Otis