I think Bill was asking about search....
I think the Q is whether the query hitting the shard where a doc was sent
for indexing would see that doc even before that doc has been copied to
replicas.

I didn't test it, but I'd think the answer would be positive because of the
xa log.

Otis
--
Performance Monitoring - http://sematext.com/spm