The UI is under Solr, but actual operations I think are still under
 /solr/admin and /solr/corename/admin :
  <requestHandler name="/admin/"  class="solr.admin.AdminHandlers" />

I wonder if it is possible to protect those resources and whether the
browser will pop-up the authentication on first access (even if from AJAX
call). Or it might be possible to have a fake resource loading from that
area to force auth request?

Regards,
   Alex.

- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)