As someone in the forum correctly said, if all Solr releases were
evolutionary Solr 4.0 is revolutionary. It has lots of improvement over the
previous releases like NoSql features, atomic updates, cloud features and
lot more.

Solr 4.0 would be the right migration I believe.

Can someone in the forum provide a reason to migrate to 3.6.2 and not 4.0