Hi,

I think what you are seeing is a general thing.  Regular search is slower
while there is indexing, too, of course.
So maybe it's best to mentally decouple indexing part here and simply make
your calls as fast as possible without indexing.  Then you can add indexing
and play with things like ramBufferSizeMB and anything else that has the
potential of making indexing "gentler" on resources, be that CPU or disk
or...

Otis
--
Solr & ElasticSearch Support