Colleagues,
fwiw bq is a DisMax parser feature. Shawn, to approach the boosting syntax
with the standard parser you need something like q=foo:bar ip:sc^1000.
Specifying ^1000 in bq makes no sense ever. If you show query params and
debugQuery output, it would much easier for us to help you.
PS omitting termfreq's and positions doesn't impact query time boosing
ever. The closes caveat is that disabling norms indexing kills _index_ time
boosting.

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev