On 1/18/2013 12:32 AM, Mikhail Khludnev wrote:
Colleagues,
fwiw bq is a DisMax parser feature. Shawn, to approach the boosting syntax
with the standard parser you need something like q=foo:bar ip:sc^1000.
Specifying ^1000 in bq makes no sense ever. If you show query params and
debugQuery output, it would much easier for us to help you.
PS omitting termfreq's and positions doesn't impact query time boosing
ever. The closes caveat is that disabling norms indexing kills _index_ time
boosting.

Ah! As soon as I changed to my edismax handler, suddenly it started working! I was doing all my tests with /select.

Now to work out what the boost factor should be. A value of 0.25 seems like it might produce good results. I was surprised, I thought it would require a higher value. Makes me think that this is not a multiplicative boost.

Thanks,
Shawn