The replication handler can be setup to replicate to another dc. You can also
put nodes in both dcs. Both have plus and minuses vs just sending the same data
to both dc's with separate clusters. Where it immediately gets difficult is
that you need a quorum of zk nodes to survive if you want to continue handling
updates. I have not yet found the multi dc zk solution. I know other systems
use something like having a tie breaker node in Europe or something, but I
don't know that zk yet supports something like this.

In most situations, i think the current best solution is to send data to both
dcs.

- Mark