Hi,
I want to write a component that will protect solr cluster from indexing
damage.
The component will take down a replica from each shard ("backup replicas"),
before indexing.
Then the indexing will start. When the indexing is finished, some tests will
be performed and only if they pass, the backup replicas will be brought on.
If some test fails, I will have to check what went wrong in the indexing
process, and in any case, I'll have the backup replicas with which I can
bring the cluster back without loosing any data.

Any insights on this component?
Any advice on the issue?

Can I randomly take one of the replicas in each shard?

Thanks.