Hi,

In earlier lucene version it merges segements periodically
according to merge policy, when it reached merge time, indexing
request may take longer time to finish (in my test it may delay
10-30 seconds, depending on indexed data size).

I read solr 3.6 - 4.1 doc and we have entries in solrconfig.xml
to control segment merge. I am wondering if someone gives me
a very high-level confirmation: in solr 3.6 - 4.1, indexing could
be delayed also when big merge happens, and before merging finishes
we cannot index (since collection is locked)?

Thanks very much for helps, Lisheng