I was doing some rolling updates of my cluster ( 12 cores, 4 servers ) and I
ended up in a situation where one node was elected leader by all the cores.
This seemed very taxing to that one node. It was also still trying to serve
query requests so it slowed everything down. I'm trying to do a lot of
frequent atomic updates along with some periodic DIH syncs.

My "solution" to this situation was to try to take the supreme leader out of
the cluster and let the leader election start. This was not easy as there
was so much load on it, I couldn't take it out gracefully. Some of my cores
became unreachable for a while.

This was all under fictitious load, but it made me nervous about high load
production situation.

I'm sure there's several things I'm doing wrong in all this, so I thought
I'd see what you guys think.

Jim