Uh, no, I never suggested that "All files in the index directory are replicated". I simply said that if you created your file as a configuration file and let Zookeeper propagate it as a configuration file, THEN YOU could write a handler/component which would copy from the configuration directory to the index directory.

One issue with even that would be that Zookeeper has a very restrictive limit on file size - 1 MB. You could compress files or reconfigure Zookeeper to us a larger size (jute.maxbuffer), but that is not considered a "safe" option.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: lboutros
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:25 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Mark document as hidden

Thanks Jack for your answers.

All files in the index directory are replicated ? I thought that only the
lucene index files were replicated.
If you are right, that's great, because I could create an ExternalFileField
type which could get its input file from the index directory and not from
the data directory.

But sadly, in the replication handler there's this code:

/Collection<String> files = new HashSet<String>(*commit.getFileNames()*);/

Therefore I think that this is not the case currently.

Ludovic.

-----
Jouve
France.