Another technique to get around the Zookeeper size issue is to split a larger file into smaller pieces and then combine them in you code that moves them to the index. OTOH, compression might be a better approach.

In any case, it sounds like it is worth a Jira to propose that a better solution is needed to support EFF in SolrCloud.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: lboutros
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 10:13 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Mark document as hidden

Oh, I see :) I did not catch well what you said.

Well, my index could contain 80 millions of elements and a big amount of
them could be hidden.
As you already said, I don't think that ZooKeeper is the right place to
store these files, they are too big.

Thank you again, that gave me some ideas I will try to experiment.

Ludovic.

-----
Jouve
France.