Hi Shawn,

Thank you for your response. Yes, that's strange. By enabling DocValues the
information about missing fields is lost, which changes the way of sorting
as well. Adding default value to the fields can change a logic of
application dramatically (I can't set default value to 0 for all
Trie*Fields fields, because it could impact the results displayed to the
end user, which is not good). It's a pity that using DocValues is so
limited.

Regards.