That's pretty weird stuff. As a workaround, you might stop replicating your
conf files - that takes a sketchier path at the moment.

The key to solving this is to figure out how the heck the slave is increasing
it's gen…that should require a commit. In this case, *lots* of them. Commits
that don't happen on the master. There should not be another way you can
increase the gen…

Can you share your full logs?

- Mark