On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 9:03 AM, Furkan KAMACI <furkankam...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I craw webages with Nutch and send them to Solr for indexing. There are two
> parameters to send data into Solr. One of them is -index and the other one
> is -reindex. I just want to learn what they do.

Are you sure this is not Nutch-side issue. Perhaps it means revisit the
already-indexed pages and resubmit them to Solr (which will override the
entries). A quick look at the Nutch source might be able to tell you that.

Another way to check is to check Solr-side and see what kind of requests
are being made in both cases. The logs should show that.

I strongly doubt Solr's new 'update' functionality is being used by Nutch
at this point.

Regards,
   Alex.

- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)