Hi,

here the clusterstate.json (from zookeeper) after creating the core:

{"storage":{
    "shards":{"shard1":{
        "range":"80000000-7fffffff",
        "state":"active",
        "replicas":{"app02:9985_solr_storage-core":{
            "shard":"shard1",
            "state":"down",
            "core":"storage-core",
            "collection":"storage",
            "node_name":"app02:9985_solr",
            "base_url":"http://app02:9985/solr"}}}},
    "router":"compositeId"}}
cZxid = 0x100000024
ctime = Wed Apr 10 22:18:13 CEST 2013
mZxid = 0x10000003d
mtime = Wed Apr 10 22:21:26 CEST 2013
pZxid = 0x100000024
cversion = 0
dataVersion = 2
aclVersion = 0
ephemeralOwner = 0x0
dataLength = 467
numChildren = 0

But looking in the log files I found the following error (this also occures with the collection api)

SEVERE: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error CREATEing SolrCore 'storage_shard1_replica1': at org.apache.solr.handler.admin.CoreAdminHandler.handleCreateAction(CoreAdminHandler.java:483) at org.apache.solr.handler.admin.CoreAdminHandler.handleRequestBody(CoreAdminHandler.java:140) at org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:135) at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.handleAdminRequest(SolrDispatchFilter.java:591) at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:192) at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:141) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:225) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407) at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:999) at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:565) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:307) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.cloud.ZooKeeperException:
at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.registerInZk(CoreContainer.java:931) at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.registerCore(CoreContainer.java:892) at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.register(CoreContainer.java:841) at org.apache.solr.handler.admin.CoreAdminHandler.handleCreateAction(CoreAdminHandler.java:479)
        ... 19 more
at org.apache.solr.cloud.ShardLeaderElectionContext.runLeaderProcess(ElectionContext.java:190) at org.apache.solr.cloud.LeaderElector.runIamLeaderProcess(LeaderElector.java:156) at org.apache.solr.cloud.LeaderElector.checkIfIamLeader(LeaderElector.java:100) at org.apache.solr.cloud.LeaderElector.joinElection(LeaderElector.java:266) at org.apache.solr.cloud.ZkController.joinElection(ZkController.java:935) at org.apache.solr.cloud.ZkController.register(ZkController.java:761) at org.apache.solr.cloud.ZkController.register(ZkController.java:727) at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.registerInZk(CoreContainer.java:908)
        ... 22 more

Kind regards
Alexander