Source code is your best bet.  Wiki has info about how to use it, but
not how highlighting is implemented.  But you don't need to understand
the implementation details to understand that they are dynamic,
computed specifically for each query for each matching document, so
you cannot store them anywhere ahead of time.

Otis
--
Solr & ElasticSearch Support
http://sematext.com/