(13/04/24 7:09), Petersen, Robert wrote:
Hi guys,

What would happen if I changed a field definition on an existing field in an
existing index from stored to not stored?  Would solr just party on ignoring
the fact that this field's data is stored in the current index?  I noticed I am
unnecessarily storing some fields in my index and I'd like to stop storing them
without having to 'reindex the world' and let the changes just naturally
percolate into my index as updates come in the normal course of things.  Do you
guys think I could get away with this?

Thanks,

Robert (Robi) Petersen
Senior Software Engineer
& Search Engineer

I think Solr will just ignore the existing stored data.
But I've never to do it myself. Please try it.

koji
--
http://soleami.com/blog/lucene-4-is-super-convenient-for-developing-nlp-tools.html