Hi richa,
You can use solrJ (http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solrj#Reading_Data_from_Solr)
to query your solr index.
On the wiki page indicated, you will see example of faceted search using
solrJ.
2009 article by Yonik available on
searchhub<http://searchhub.org/2009/09/02/faceted-search-with-solr/>
is
a good tutorial on faceted search.
Whether you go for MVC framework or not is up to you. It is recommend tough
to develop search engine application in a Service Oriented Architecture.
Regards,

Maj