From: Giammarco Schisani [mailto:giamma...@schisani.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 2:59 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: More Like This and Caching

Hi all,

Could anybody explain which Solr cache (e.g. queryResultCache,
documentCache, fieldCache, etc.) can be used by the More Like This handler?

One of my colleagues had previously suggested that the More Like This
handler does not take advantage of any of the Solr caches.

However, if I issue two identical MLT requests to the same Solr instance,
the second request will execute much faster than the first request (for
example, the first request will execute in 200ms and the second request will
execute in 20ms). This makes me believe that at least one of the Solr caches
is being used by the More Like This handler.

I think the "documentCache" is the cache that is most likely being used, but
would you be able to confirm?

As information, I am currently using Solr version 3.6.1.

Kind regards,
Giammarco Schisani