Purely from empirical observation, both the DocumentCache and QueryResultCache
are being populated and reused in reloads of a simple MLT search.  You can see
in the cache inserts how much extra-curricular activity is happening to
populate the MLT data by how many inserts and lookups occur on the first load.

(lifted right out of the MLT wiki http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MoreLikeThis )

http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=apache&mlt=true&mlt.fl=manu,cat&mlt.mindf=1&mlt.mintf=1&fl=id,score

There is no activity in the filterCache, fieldCache, or fieldValueCache - and
that makes plenty of sense.