Hi Kamal,

It is feasible and that is the correct approach. Add additional fields like
salary, experience etc to the index and filter the results. This way you
could directly show the results to the user.

It is always better to avoid two searches one in solr and other in db. You
should maintain search fields in Solr and filter results from Solr. DB is
used to maintain extended fields and may be whole document (resume).

Refer to range query search http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrQuerySyntax

Regards
Aditya
www.findbestopensource.com