I think that is applicable only for the field level boosting and not at
document level boosting.

Can you post your query, field definition and results you're expecting.

I am using index and query time boosting without any issues so far. also
which version of Solr you're using?

>>> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/**UpdateXmlMessages#Optional_**