> select?defType=edismax&q={!q.op=OR}search_field:term1 term2&pf=search_field

Is there any way to perform a fuzzy search with this method? I have
tried appending "~1" to every term in the search like so:
select?defType=edismax&q={!q.op=OR}search_field:term1~1%20term2~1&pf=search_field

However, two issues:
1) It doesn't work! The results are identical to the results given
when not appending "~1" to every term (or "~3").

2) If at all possible, I would rather define the 'fuzzyness'
elsewhere. Right now I would have to mangle the user-input in order to
add the "~1" to the end of each term.

Note that the ExtendedDisMax page does in fact mention that fuzziness
is supported:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ExtendedDisMax#Query_Syntax

--
Dotan Cohen