Hi,

I am thinking of using Solr to implement Search on our site. Here is my use
case,
1. We will have multiple 4-5 indexes based on different data
types/structures and data will be indexed into these by several processes,
like cron, on demand, thru message queue applications, etc.
2. A single web service needs to search across all these indexes and return
results.

I am thinking of using Solr 4.2.1 or may be 4.3 with single instance -
multicore setup.
I read about distributed search and I believe I should be able to search
across multiple indices using shards parameters. However in my case, all
shards will be on same host/port but with different core name.

Is my understanding correct? Or is there any better alternative to this
approach?

Please suggest.
Thanks,
-Manasi