If what you want to do is create an index that can later be used by
Solr, then create the index with Solr. Solr has constraints about how a
Lucene index is created that you would replicate and would create a huge
amount of work.

SolrJ does have the 'embedded mode' in which the Solr itself runs in the
same JVM as the client - i.e. no HTTP transport.  It could be a useful
way to do off-line index creation,

I've never used it though so can't vouch for it.

Upayavira