Hi;

I've written an e-mail at dev list and I want to share same e-mail here.
I've opened two issues at Jira and I want to get feedback of community.

First issue is: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-4995
Currently Solr servers are interacting with only one Solr node. I think
that there should be an implementation that propagates requests into
multiple Solr nodes. For example when Solr is used as SolrCloud sending a
LukeRequest should be made to one node at each shard. First patch will be
related to implementing a PropagateServer for Solr.

Second issue is related to first one:
Let's assume that you are using Solr as SolrCloud and you have more than
one shard. Let's assume that there are 20 docs at shard_1 and 15 docs at
shard_2. When using CloudSolrServer if you make a LukeRequest it uses
LBHttpSolrServer internally and it sends request to just one Solr Node (via
HttpSolrServer) as round robin. So you may get 20 docs as a result at first
request and if you send same request you may get 15 docs as a result too.
Using a PropagateServer inside CloudSolrServer will fix that bug.

I've made initial patchs for them and I will change/add code to them after
getting feedback from community (i.e. first patch does not make multi
threaded requests at PropagateServer, I just want to get feedbacks of
community after that I will add other features)

Thanks;
Furkan KAMACI