bq: Note:Term Component works only on string dataType field.  :(

Not true. Term Component will work on any indexed field. It'll bring
back the _tokens_ that have been indexed though, which are often
individual words so your examples "medical physics" would be two
separate tokens so it may be puzzling.

A general request, please don't put bold text. I know it's an attempt
to help direct attention to the important bits, but (at least in gmail in
my browser) bolds are replaced by "*" before and after, which
especially when looking at wildcard questions is really confusing <G>.

But I have to ask you to back up a bit. _Why_ are you using
TermsComponent to search titles? Why not use Solr for what
it's good for and just search a _tokenized_ title field? This feels
like an XY problem.

Best
Erick