Hi,

As per the suggestions above I shifted my focus to using CloudSolrServer. In
terms of sending updates to the leaders and reducing network traffic it
works great. But i faced one problem in using CloudSolrServer is that it
opens too many connections as large as five thousand connections. My Code is
as follows

ModifiableSolrParams params = new ModifiableSolrParams();
params.set(HttpClientUtil.PROP_MAX_CONNECTIONS, 3);
params.set(HttpClientUtil.PROP_MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOST, 2);
HttpClient client = HttpClientUtil.createClient(params);
LBHttpSolrServer lbServer = new LBHttpSolrServer(client);
server = new CloudSolrServer(zkHost,lbServer);
server.setDefaultCollection(defaultColllection);

If there is only one instance of solr up then this works great. But in 1
shard 1 replica system it opens up too many connections in waiting state. Am
I doing something incorrect. Any help would be highly appreciated