From: Alexandre Rafalovitch [mailto:arafa...@gmail.com]
Sent: 15. juli 2013 17:16
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Facet sorting seems weird

Hi Henrik,

If I understand the question correctly (case-insensitive sorting of the facet
values), then this is the limitation of the current Facet component.

You can see the full implementation at:
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/trunk/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/handler/component/FacetComponent.java#L818

If you are comfortable with Java code, the easiest thing might be to copy/fix
the component and use your own one for faceting. The components are defined in
solrconfig.xml and FacetComponent is in a default chain.
See:
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/trunk/solr/example/solr/collection1/conf/solrconfig.xml#L1194

If you do manage to do this (I would recommend doing it as an extra option), it
would be nice to have it contributed back to Solr. I think you are not the only
one with this requirement.

Regards,
   Alex.

- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at once.
Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)