Hi Erick,

I modified the SOLR schema file for the field as follows and re-indexed the
schema,

 <fieldType name="CustomStr" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100" sortMissingLast="true">
      <analyzer type="index">
                generateWordParts="1"
                generateNumberParts="1"
                catenateWords="1"
                catenateNumbers="1"
                catenateAll="0"
                />
        <filter class="solr.TrimFilterFactory" />

      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
                generateWordParts="1"
                generateNumberParts="1"
                catenateWords="1"
                catenateNumbers="0"
                catenateAll="0"
                />
            <filter class="solr.TrimFilterFactory" />

      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

My previous scenario seems to be working fine i.e., when I search for
"INTL", I get both the records containing string like "INTL" and "INT'L".
But, I am not able to perform a STARTS WITH search i.e., my schema field has
values like "INTERNATIONAL XYZ LOCAL" and "PLAY OF INTERNATIONAL XYZ", when
I perform a STARTS WITH search for the keyword "INTERNATIONAL" it is
returning both the values but, ideally it should return only "INTERNATIONAL
XYZ LOCAL". To perform the STARTS WITH search I append the keyword with "*"
i.e., the keyword in my case becomes "INTERNATIONAL*".

It seems that the STARTS WITH search has started behaving like CONTAINS
search. Please suggest me how should I achieve this scenario of performing
the STARTS WITH search on the same field type.

Thanks!