But it seems it even have something called  XML ResponseWriter

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/response/XMLResponseWriter.java

Wont it be appropriate in my case?
Although I have not implemented it yet but how come there couldn't be any
way to make a SolrQueryResponse in XML format!