Hi,

I use solr embedded in a desktop app and I want to change it to no
longer require the configuration for the container and core to be in
the filesystem but rather be distributed as part of a jar file.

Could someone kindly point me to the right docs?

So far my impression is, I need to instantiate CoreContainer with a
custom SolrResourceLoader with properties parsed via some other API
but from the javadocs alone I feel a bit lost (why does it have to
have an instance directory at all?) and googling did not give me many
results. What would be ideal would be to have something like this
(pseudocode with partly imagined names, which hopefully illustrates
what I am trying to achieve):

ContainerConfig containerConfig =
ContainerConfigParser.parse(<InputStream from Classloader>);
CoreContainer  container = new CoreContainer(containerConfig);

CoreConfig coreConfig = CoreConfigParser.parse(container, <InputStream
from Classloader>);
container.register(<name>, coreConfig);

Ideally I would like to keep XML format to reuse my current solr.xml
and solrconfig.xml but that is just a nice-to-have.

Does such a way exist and if so, what are the real API classes and calls to use?

Thank you in advance,

Robert