Hi All,

We have encountered a use case in our system where we have a few fields
(Severity. Risk etc) with a closed set of values, where the sort order for
these values is pre-determined but not lexicographic (Critical is higher than
High). Generically this is very close to how enums work.

To implement, I have prototyped a new type of field: EnumField where the inputs
are a closed predefined  set of strings in a special configuration file
(similar to currency.xml).
I'm thinking of contributing the code back since I think it's a nice little
feature that other people may like to use and would like to get some feedback
from the community.

If there's positive feedback, I'll open an issue with a patch for the
functionality.

Thanks.