My point in the previous e-mail was that following the instructions in the
documentation does not seem to work.
The workaround I found was to simply change the name of the collection1/lib
directory to collection1/foobar and then include it in solrconfig.xml.
              <lib dir="./foobar" />

This works, but does not explain why out-of-the-box, simply creating a
collection1/lib directory and putting the jars there does not work as
documented in both  the README.txt and in solrconfig.xml.

Shawn, should I add these comments to your JIRA issue?
Should I open a separate related JIRA issue?

Tom

Tom