On 8/28/2013 9:34 AM, Tom Burton-West wrote:
I think I am running into the same bug, but the symptoms are a bit
different.
I'm wondering if it makes sense to file a separate linked bug report.

The workaround is to remove sharedLib from solr.xml,
The solr.xml that comes out-of-the-box does not have a sharedLib.

     I am using Solr 4.4. out-of-the-box, with the exception that I set up a
lib directory in example/solr/collection1.   I did not change solr.xml from
the out-of-the-box.  There is no  mention of "lib" in the out-of-the-box
example/solr/solr.xml.

I did not change the out-of-the-box solrconfig.xml.

  According to the README.txt, all that needs to be done is create the
collection1/lib directory and put the jars there.
However, I am getting the class not found error.

Should I open another bug report or comment on the existing report?

I have never heard of using ${instanceDir}/lib for jars. That doesn't mean it won't work, but I have never seen it mentioned anywhere.

I have only ever put the lib directory in solr.home, where solr.xml is. Did you try that?

If you have seen documentation for collection1/lib, then there may be a doc bug, another dimension to the bug already filed, or a new bug. Do you see log entries saying your jars in collection/lib are loaded? If you do, then I think it's probably another dimension to the existing bug.

Thanks,
Shawn