Have you checked the hit ratio of the different caches? Try to tune them to get
rid of all evictions if possible.

Tuning the size of the caches and warming you searcher can give you a pretty
good improvement. You might want to check your analysis chain as well to see if
you`re not doing anything that is not necessary.