First, I would be wary of mixing the solrj version
with a different solr version. They are pretty compatible
but what are you expecting to gain for the risk?
Regardless, though, that shouldn't be your problem.

You'll have to give us a lot more detail about what
you're trying to do, what you mean by slow (300ms?
300 secnds?) and what you expect.

Best
Erick