Listen to Wunder. You really have to switch
gears and think in terms of  searching rather
than database tables.

First, there's no requirement that all documents
have the same fields. There's very little penalty
for this.

Second, you have to get over normalized data.
It's unclear how many employees/records you have,
but unless it's a really big set of records (i.e multiple
tens of millions) you don't have to worry much
about saving space.

BTW, your java example works, but you do NOT
want to commit after every document. Configure
your auto soft and hard commits to do this on a
time-based basis.

So I'd recommend you approach it differently.
Don't get stuck on your current data model. Instead
define the searches you want to make and _then_
decide the appropriate fields in the docs.

But to your question, you can certainly create
two cores. That's a good strategy if there is
little data shared between the two types of users.
It's probably conceptually cleaner as well.

Best,
Erick