Hi all

Our system has distributed MySQL databases, we create a database for every
customer signed up and distributed it to one of our MySQL hosts.

We currently use lucene core to perform search on these databases, and we
write java code to loop through these databases and convert the data to
lucene index.

Right now we are planning to move to Solr for distribution, and I am doing
investigation on it.

I tried to use DataImportHandler<http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler>
in
the wiki page, but I can't figured out a way to use multiple datasoures
with the same schema.

The other question is, we have the database connection data in one table,
can I create datasource connections info from it, and loop through the
databases using DataImporter?

If DataImporter isn't working, is there a way to feed data to solr using
customized SolrRequestHandler without using SolrJ?

If neither of these two ways is working, I think I am going to reuse the
DAO of the old project and feed the data to solr using SolrJ, probably
using embedded Solr server.

Your help will be much of my appreciation.

<http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandlerFaq>--
All the best

Liu Bo