I have solr 4.4 running on tomcat 7 on my local development environment
which is ubuntu based and it works fine (Querying, Posting Documents, Data
Import etc.)

I am trying to move into a staging environment which is Centos based (still
using tomcat 7 and solr 4.4 however when attempting to post documents and
do a data import from mysql through jdbc, after a few hundred documents,
the tomcat server crashes and it logs:

#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007fb4d8fe5e85, pid=10620, tid=140414656674112
#
# JRE version: 7.0-b147
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (21.0-b17 mixed mode
linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# J  org.apache.lucene.analysis.en.PorterStemFilter.incrementToken()Z

I'm using Sun Java JDK 1.7.0

Anyone got any ideas I can pursue to resolve this?