Shawn:

Hmmm, I hadn't thought about that before. The shareSchema
stuff is keyed off the absolute directory (and timestamp) of
the schema.xml file associated with a core and is about
sharing the internal object that holds the parsed schema.

Do you know for sure if the fact that this is coming from ZK
actually shares the schema object? 'Cause I've never
looked to see and it would be a good thing to have in my
head...

Thanks!
Erick