From: Dileepa Jayakody [mailto:dileepajayak...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 3:48 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Need additional data processing in Data Import Handler prior to
indexing

Hi All,

I'm a newbie to Solr, and I have a requirement to import data from a mysql
database; enhance  the imported content to identify Persons mentioned  and
index it as a separate field in Solr along with the other fields defined
for the original db query.

I'm using Apache Stanbol [1] for the content enhancement requirement.
I can get enhancement results for 'Person' type data in the content as the
enhancement result.

The data flow will be;
mysql-db > Solr data-import handler > Stanbol enhancer > Solr index

For the above requirement I need to perform additional processing at the
data-import handler prior to indexing to send a request to Stanbol and
process the enhancement response. I found some related examples on
modifying mysql data import handler to customize the query results in
db-data-config.xml by using a transformer script.
As per my requirement, In the data-import-handler I need to send a request
to Stanbol and process the response prior to indexing. But I'm not sure if
this can be achieved using a simple javascript.

Is there any other better way of achieving my requirement? Maybe writing a
custom filter in Solr?
Please share your thoughts. Appreciate any pointers as I'm a beginner for
Solr.

Thanks,
Dileepa

[1] https://stanbol.apache.org