Thanks Michael,

I am having a terrible time getting this non-sharded index up.  Everything I
try leads to a dead-end.

http://10.0.15.44:8511/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=tp&numShards=1&replicationFactor=5

it uses the solrconfig.xml from another core.  That solrconfig.xml is deployed
in conjunction with a solrcore.properties and the replication handler is
configured with properties from that core's solrcore.properties file.  The
CREATE action uses the solrconfig.xml but not the properties so it fails.

I tried to upload a different solrconfig.xml to zookeeper using the zkcli
script -cmd upconfig and then to specify that config in the creation of the TP
core like so

http://10.0.15.44:8511/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=tp&numShards=1&replicationFactor=5&collection.configName=solrconfigTP.xml

However, how can replication masters and slaves be configured with a single
solrconfig.xml file unless each node is allowed to have its own config?

This is a royal PITA. I may be wrong, but I think it is broken.  Without a way
to specify numShards per core in solr.xml, it seems impossible to have one
sharded core and one non-sharded core.

To be honest, I don't even care about replication.  Why can't I specify a core
that is non-sharded, non-replicated and have the exact same core on all five of
my boxes?

Thanks,
Jim