bq: For example, what if the leader could give a list of
queries/filters currently in the cache which could then be executed on
the replica?

How is the better than each replica firing off its own warming
queries for its caches etc? Each replica may well fire different
autowarm queries since there's no guarantee that their first
autowarmcount queries in the caches is the same, but that would
also be true of getting the autowarm queries from the leader.

Any firstSearcher and  newSearcher queries will be identical
anyway since solrconfig.xml is identical, so that's not a problem.

So I remain to be convinced that this would buy us anything, but
I've been wrong more than once :)....

Best,
Erick