Smells like an XY problem ...

Can you please describe what your end goal is in writing a custom
function, and what you would do with things like the "name" field inside
your funciton?

In general, accessing stored field values for indexed documents ca be
prohibitively expensive, it rather defeats the entire point of the
inverted index data structure.  If you help us understand what your goal
is, people may be able to offer performant suggestions.

https://people.apache.org/~hossman/#xyproblem
XY Problem

Your question appears to be an "XY Problem" ... that is: you are dealing
with "X", you are assuming "Y" will help you, and you are asking about "Y"
without giving more details about the "X" so that we can understand the
full issue.  Perhaps the best solution doesn't involve "Y" at all?
See Also: http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=542341