Hi Joel,

This is related to another thread on function query matching (
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Function-query-matching-td4099807.html#a4105513).
The patch in SOLR-4465 will allow me to extend TopDocsCollector and perform
the 'scale' function on only the documents matching the main dismax query.
As you mention, it is a slightly intrusive design and requires that I
manage my own PriorityQueue (and a local duplicate of HitQueue), but should
work. I think a better design would hide the PQ from the plugin.

Thanks,
Peter